06 October 2008

Water Back-Up

Well Saturday night, about 10:00, after all of the excitement in the yard with the trees, rained out soccer games, and a long day at work, I went downstairs to change laundry. Just as I got to the laundry room door, I sensed something was wrong. The next step I took was into soaking wet carpet. Just what we needed I thought, a problem with the washing machine and an overflow. Well, that is not what it was. We called our neighbor who is a plumber, and he came right over. After looking things over, he decided that we must have a backup in our drain pipe for the kitchen sink, and that the water had come up through the drain in the floor. Brian had washed potaoe peels down the sink when he was making dinner. So they clogged the pipes, and when he was doing the dishes after dinner, the water had no where to go. (Yes Brian made dinner, and did the dishes afterwards...I am so spoiled) So we got the drain cleaned out, and everything seems to be OK for now. Another example of the great neighbors that we have. They are willing to help even at 10:00 on Saturday night.

No comments: