21 March 2009

Arizona

On our way to Arizona, we passed this place called Cliff Dwellers. It is a place that they built houses around some big rocks. Interesting...different.



Today, we went to Karchner Caverns state park to see the Big Room that we haven't been able to see before. It is closed for six months of the year for the bats that roost in it. We have been to the other parts twice before. I wish that I had some pics to post of the cave, but there are no cameras allowed. When I get home, I'll have to pull some pictures off their website. It is an amazing place.

I love the desert. I only wish that the cactus were more in bloom. They are just starting down where we are, but as we drove through Phoenix, it was an amazing site. We wandered through the park, and I took a few pics. Enjoy!
A Yucca Spike
A barrel cactus
This is where you enter the cave, and the hill that the cave is in.
Us! in front of a mesquite tree

Prickly Pear, & Ocotillo The butterfly & hummingbird garden, we didn't see any hummingbirds today, but while I was taking this picture, another group of people were watching one 15 feet away.More Prickly Pear
And I think this is an Agave.Tomorrow we head back up to Tucson for a memorial service for a good friend of Brian's that died. We are having car trouble, so pray for us and Brian's CRV. UGH.

1 comment:

deena said...

Gorgeous pictures Robin. Hope everything goes well for you while you are there. Keep us posted!!!