26 July 2009

What did a 1977 Mc Donalds Bag Look Like?

We seem to be moving much slower on the redo of the upstairs of our house. But slowly, it is moving along. Part of the reason is that there is a lot more work that needs done. Brian seems to start tearing each room apart while I am not home, and so far, we don't have a before picture of any of the rooms, how we have been living with them. Just after he has started the work.

This is our bathroom after the carpet, cupboards, and toilet have been removed. The old original linoleum was on the floor still. We had intended on putting the old cupboards back in because of cost, but they didn't come out in one piece, so we will be replacing them too.
Zak started in on the walls for us.
And once inside, I was disgusted at what we found.

A tube of sheet rock adhesive...and trash.
A milk carton...and trash.
And a McDonald's bag(our house was built in 1977) and coffee cup...and more trash.
I had heard that it was a common thing for contractors to do to clean up a job. But I was totally disgusted. Really, can't they have more courtesy to a persons home than this? It really can't be healthy to have all that stuff in there. The whole wall was packed full of more things like this.

At our house, Brian is totally willing to cut the tile, mix the grout, and mortar, but I actually lay it. It really is fun to do. This is the second bathroom at our house that I have done. That reminds me, the one we started last year is finally complete and I need to blog it too.
This is when the tile was complete. The final product with grout, cupboards, etc. will have to wait for now. But now the tile is in, we can grout and seal it, and continue moving ahead.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

The tile looks so nice! You're going to love your new bathroom. I'm glad the cabinets came out in peices so that you can get new ones!

Amy said...

The tile looks great! I'm now totally sicked out though about what could be hiding in my walls.

Debbi said...

I love the trash pictures! how funny