We have been so consumed with our home makeover, that I haven't had time to post anything for a while (and this has upset at least one friend who is going through blog
withdrawl so badly that she finally had to subscribe to a newspaper!). While I am still not all put together and ready for pictures of the final product, We are, for the most part, done. So, I thought I'd post a little teaser of one of my favorite things that we did.
The entry to my Dining room/kitchen didn't have a real doorway. The walls just went straight up to the ceiling. For some reason, this has always bugged me.
Before

When Brian started talking about making a doorway, I suggested maybe an arched doorway.
During

For a couple of amateurs using the
Internet as our only resource, I think that we did a pretty good job.
After

Of course, this is not the finished product. Hopefully, I'll have that posted soon.
4 comments:
The arch is awesome. It looks so nice and has made such a difference. And, thanks for the post! You made my morning.
Very cool. It really adds to the look and gives it personality. And good job doing it yourselves. It looks like it was always there.
I love the arch! It really adds class to your house. I can't wait to visit, I'm sure it feels like a brand new house.
I need to take my kids to Temple Square.
Your kitchen archway looks great! And I loved the mud slide! At least my kids aren't the only ones to get into REALLY big messes. ha ha
Post a Comment