18 April 2011

Ogden Temple & Tabernacle

The Ogden LDS temple is the closest temple to our house. It has never been one of my favorite, I think more because of its location than anything, but we are still going to miss it once it is gone. The church has decided to completely renovate it. At first, I was told that they would leave the inner structure, and just tear down and re-build the outer shell and grounds. Since then, I have heard that they are tearing it down to the ground and re-building it from the ground up. I'm not really sure what will happen. Rumor has it that they will also be removing the steeple from the Tabernacle so that those people who don't know what the buildings are can tell the difference between the Temple and the Tabernacle. I decided to go take some pictures of the "old" temple before it is gone. Maybe I'll be able to get timeline pictures of the demolition and rebuilding as they go along. I was very disappointed with my pictures when I got home, and I sure wish that I had photoshop to touch them up, but I'm glad I got the pictures anyway.

The Tabernacle

The mural inside the east entrance to the tabernacle is beautiful. It catches your eye from the street. I think that is why some people confuse it for the temple.



I have always loved this clock on the north-east lawn of the temple grounds. I'm sure it has a story, and I wish I knew what that story was.

2 comments:

Debbi said...

this is kinda sad to me, and I have no connection to this temple at all...but at least they are rebuilding it, right? I think your pictures look great.

Unknown said...

I love your pictures. I thought about going to the temple to take pictures before the construction started, but never got out there. I am going to miss the Ogden temple too.