12 April 2009

Zak in Stake Conference

Today we had Stake Conference, as we do quite often on Easter Sunday. About half way through the 2 hour meeting Zak was getting a little restless, and bored out of his mind like any 4 year old would be at a 2 hour church meeting with no special things for kids. He asked if he could go get a drink. I told him"No, we are listening right now." He then looked at me very seriously, and said, "Well I'm not listening, I don't even care!" How do you not laugh at that? And how do you teach a child that the meeting is actually very interesting, and that if he only understood all that was being said, he just might find himself caring about what is being said. I guess the only way to teach that is to keep going, and keep expecting reverence, and some day, the caring will come.

No comments: