09 November 2009

13.1 in 1:45

Over the weekend, we went with some friends (and no kids) to St. George for the Snow Canyon Half Marathon. Brian felt like he could do well even though he has only trained for that kind of distance for a few weeks.
He finished the race in the amount of time he had hoped.
I think it was right around 1 hour 45 minutes.
On the day before Halloween he had a minor costume injury to his toe,
but it hadn't seemed to be much of a problem, until he hit mile 9 of the race.
By the time he finished the race, he was barely running, and couldn't walk.
He figured that he must have a stress fracture in his big toe.
Fortunately, it seems to be OK, but I'm sure he will lose his toenail.
He was disappointed that he could have done much better if it weren't for the injury.
Brian and Bill at the finish line.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Still waaaay better than I could have done. Good for him.

J. Porters said...

Good job guys!