30 August 2010

iRock

For Zak's birthday, we took the kids to iRock and to dinner. After we had been climbing for a little while, Zak told me that he had been nervous about climbing, but that it was easy and lots of fun! They all did really well, but lots of the grips were too far apart for Zak to get very far up the wall, but he had fun and kept going up and down and loving it.
Amber climbed and climbed, but never could make it all the way to the top.

And Les made it all the way to the top on his last climb. It was a long way up but he was SO determined to make it all the way.
Brian and I decided to just belay(sp?) the kids and not pay to climb. I know that you can't tell that from this picture. He had to give it a try. It didn't help that the kid who worked there was a former student and told him he had to. Oh well, I guess if you have permission from the guy in charge, it's OK...right?
We went to dinner at the Pizza factory and had the best chicken Alfredo pizza ever. I wish I knew how to make it. It truly was to die for, and I am craving it as I type. Zak was just commenting that he was totally stuffed when they brought him a huge sundae for his birthday. We were all stuffed, but it sure was a yummy treat to share. I wish I had taken a picture of both the pizza and the sundae. Yummy! What a fun night!

No comments: