Last week I had the opportunity to help take care of my grandparents.
I had the opportunity to be the only grandchild at the hospital when the doctor explained where Grandma's condition was at and what her options were. He also informed all of us that if she chose to stop treatment and return home on hospice, she would likely only have about 2 weeks left to live.

I sat alone with her at the hospital with a tape recorder as she told me of childhood memories that she had never told anyone else.
I never imagined that this could be a spiritual and testimony building experience.

Once she made the decision to leave the hospital and stop treatments, I had the special privilege of helping to care for her, and as Grandpa said "boss him around."

Now we wait. I think this is the hardest part. Again, she was sent home from the hospital in the best possible condition, and again we watch her deteriorate a little more each day.
I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to spend those days with her and Grandpa.
I love them both dearly, and will miss her terribly when she is gone.
4 comments:
I'm so glad you get to spend this time with her. What a wonderful experience. She looks so much like you and Amber. Please remember that she'll have all the spiritual support she needs in order to pass away. She'll receive much comfort and peace.
Robin, I just posted a blog post for you. Check it out. I hope it helps. Lots of love.
Thanks for this. I love all the pictures. What a blessing she is to us.
Stephanie & I got to go yesterday, such a blessing. I am sending you photos today.
Post a Comment