29 April 2010

Gary Paulsen

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a big fan of reading. But as a kid I found the book Hatchet by Gary Paulsen, and loved every minute of it. Then, as Brian started teaching reading, my mom suggested that he try it with his students, because it is one that they could relate with as well as be successful in reading. He loved the book, and has read the entire series over and over again with his students. He has also managed to track down a movie version of the book.

Amber has found Mr. Paulsen's books too, and has loved everyone that she has picked up. Which is why when we heard he was going to be in Salt Lake doing a book signing, we had to go.

I think that we bought one book, but we also had him sign about 5 others. It was a fun night.

No comments: