The muskrats loved harassingthe ducks. The ducks were beautiful. If you look closely, you can see five fish in the water. The water was so clear that we could see everything in it all the way to the bottom.
The spring comes out to the right of this playhouse sized cabin.
Then they took us to a waterfall on the snake river. It was simply breathtaking.
Behind Brian you can see Amber and Mom right next to the fall. It gives some perspective to the size of the waterfall.
Unfortunately as you can see from the photos, the weather was not real great. We really didn't dare spend too much time for fear our little 2 wheel drive cars wouldn't get us out of the areas we were in, but I'm still glad that we took the time to go see these places. Especially the waterfall.
15 November 2010
Big Springs & The Waterfall
Yellowstone closed for the winter on Sunday, so on Monday, my parents took us to a few places close to the cabin. The first place that we went to was called Big Spring. It is the spring that is the headwater for the Snake river.
Standing on the bridge, we saw a Muskrat.
After the falls, we went back to the cabin to play games by the fireplace and soak in the hot tub. thank heavens for places to get warm!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love Mesa Falls! I have never once been there when it wasn't raining though. Makes me wonder if it has it's own weather system and it is always raining. It's still amazing in the rain though. Glad you had such a fun trip. It really is gorgeous up there.
Beautiful pictures! You're really getting good with that camera. I'm jealous. It's been far too long since I've been up to Yellowstone.
Post a Comment