14 September 2008

Soccer Begins



Well, the soccer season has started at our house, and Saturdays are hectic. But Amber and Les are having a great time playing. The first game of the season was a little slow, but their second games were great.

I think that Amber is really enjoying playing this year, but she is not an aggressive personality, so we have had to work a little on that. She is going to be a good player with some practice.

I am not sure that she likes playing against her close friends though! She would much rather be on their same team.

Les is still loving the game of soccer, and is improving each game. He is quick, and more than anything he loves having 11 other boys all his age to "play" with each week.
Brian is coaching Les's team this year, and I think he enjoys it as much as Les does. He was very excited when the boys applied what he taught them at their last practice and improved dramatically in their second game.

I am glad that they are learning to love sports and having fun too. They all love to go to soccer practices and games, and love to practice in the back yard. It gets crazy trying to get to 2 games on 2 fields, sometimes at the same time, and coach one, but it has been fun to watch them play. And the season is just beginning. We play until May!

1 comment:

deena said...

I'm jealous! I wish I had some things to teach my team to help them improve, too! Good for Brian. I think it's sad when the kids on my team tell me how great their parents are at soccer, and here I am trying to teach them to play a sport that I don't even know all the rules for! Way to go, guys! Good luck!!!