Wow, Les had his first spelling test yesterday! He got 100%! We worked hard on his words and I was so proud of him. he is getting to be a great reader. He is starting to recognize some of the hight frequency words when he sees them, instead of having to sound them out. He even started on his first chapter book. We are reading it together. All the words that he can sound out or that he knows the rules to figure them out, I let him do. Then I read the ones that are harder so that he doesn't get too frustrated and give up.
Amber is also doing amazing with her reading. She has to read AR books, and has to do the comprehension test on the computer when she is done. She gets a certain amount of points depending on the difficulty of the book. She is required to get 10 points a quarter. She currently has 25 points, and it is only mid-term. She amazes me. I don't even like to think about picking up a book. She is probably a much better reader than I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Go Les and Amber! You guys are so smart! Love you, Aunt Lisa
Post a Comment