22 November 2008

Turkey Trot

Today our family went to Smithfield to do a Turkey Trot 5k with some friends. All of us but Zak raced, and he told me that he was exhausted from the ride!

Les stuck with me the whole time and finished in about 40 minutes, but he took 3rd place in his age group. He ran almost 2 full miles of the race, and walked with me on the two big hills.

Amber ran the whole way and Brian held back with her. She finished in 29 minutes, and came in seventh in her age division. I though that was pretty good since her age division went up to 14 years old.
I realize now, that I wasn't as prepared as I thought I was. The treadmill doesn't have any hills at all, and these roads were definitely not flat (it wasn't that bad, except 2 good hills, but since I am used to a treadmill, I sure noticed it.) Oh well, I'll do better in the spring.

The kids are amazing racers, and they are getting their daddy's bug early. Good job guys!

1 comment:

deena said...

Way to go, guys! Great job, Amber! Holy cow. You beat my first 5K time, and I was a few years older than you. So...did the kids train for this? I'm so impressed!