09 September 2009

Labor Day Weekend in Idaho

This year for Labor Day weekend, we went to Idaho because my cousin's daughter was being baptized. We did lots of fun things, and the kids all loved seeing each other again. Two of my cousins in this family have kids the same ages as my kids, so it is always fun to get to spend time with them.

Some of the things we got to do:
  • Attend Jerica's baptism
  • eat
  • Attend the SE Idaho State Fair and see Sabrina's entrys
  • eat
  • Go to church with the cousins
  • eat
  • Play at the park. The boys couldn't wait to play in the tank, and the girls seemed to enjoy it as much as the boys
  • eat
  • Water Ski, and other fun things behind the boat
  • eat
As soon as Les saw the tank, he had to run to play on it. Much to his excitement, he also got to play in it. I think that the kids spent about an hour on the two tanks.

I was also reminded how yummy fresh produce is. We ate so many good things from Uncle Gordon's garden. He said the rule was at least two ears of corn each meal, so I made special effort to abide by his garden rules. I already miss all the yummy veggies. I am even more excited to finally attempt putting a garden in at our house next year. I forgot how much I love the produce.

Thanks to my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins for not making us feel like we were a third wheel at your family weekend. We really did have lots of fun!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Isn't it refreshing to see that nothing changes generation to generation! Gotta have lots of food. I was sad we had to miss all the fun.