18 April 2011

Temple Square

A couple of times a year, we seem to end up on Temple Square in Salt Lake. I love the flowers there. I always take more pictures of the flowers than anything else. The temple always looks the same, but the flowers are always different. Over spring break, we were passing through Salt Lake, and decided to go see the new Church History Library. (It was also a good excuse to go see the beautiful spring flowers.) It was a sunny warm day, and since we haven't had many of those, we took full advantage of walking around the church grounds while we were there. The blossoms on the trees were beautiful. I'm sure that they only got a day or two because of the rain. We caught them on a good day.




I wish this picture hadn't had quite as shallow of a depth of field. I was trying to get the Angel Moroni in the background to be just a little more in focus, but I was having a hard time with that. Now, I realize what I should have done to solve that problem.





I love this pic. It didn't turn out quite as I intended, but I couldn't get the right angle on it.

I love this reflection of the Assembly Hall steeples in the business building across the street.
And I love the profile of all of the different buildings here. The only other thing this picture needs is an artistic eye and the roof of the Tabernacle
Just a fun pic to add to my collection!

1 comment:

Aubry Wilkes said...

I love the pictures with the blossoms and the temple. These are gorgeous! What a beautiful time of year!