28 June 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House

We had such a fun weekend. It started out with a trip to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open house. It is always such a neat thing to be able to take the kids to the temples, even if they are not yet dedicated. It is neat for the kids to see what they can look forward too, and it also brings great discussion about the blessings of the temple.
I loved the colors inside this temple. It was interesting to me though, that there wasn't carpet in the halls or on the stairs. That is something that I haven't seen before.
We were there at a beautiful time of day for pictures.


We also heard that last weekend the Angel Moroni was struck by lightning. His Arm and trumpet look like they are dark, so we assume that is what happened.
It was a neat time with our family. I only hope this makes the kids desire to obey the commandments so that they can attend the Holy Temple one day even more of a priority in their lives.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

You have had a fun month. What a neat opportunity for your kids. We want to take our down later next month.

Julia Callahan said...

I loved that Temple. We went on June 6th. Nice family photo of yours in front of the temple.