This weekend we cut down all 4 pine trees in our yard! Other than a few branches Brian started trimming off that you see on the lawn, this is what the trees looked like that were in the front yard. It is only one tree, but years ago it split into two main trunks near the very bottom, so it is almost the size of 2 trees!
And these are the 3 trees in the backyard. They are not nearly as big, but we feel like they are way too much for our yard, and we have other things we want to do in that corner.

This is the big tree from the front yard on top of my new flowerbed that I just got in this year. I went to work this night and left the boys to take care of things. I hope my flowers aren't completely ruined, but I am grateful that it didn't go over on my house and all of our friends that came to help and to play with the chainsaws went home with 10 fingers, and there were no injuries.

This is what 4 pine trees looks like in a front yard!

This is the After picture with the pile of stumps from the front yard.

This is how tall the pile of branches is, you see my goofy husband so proud of what he did. He had lots of fun playing with the chain saw, and I think he is even more excited to have one sitting in the shed that he can use whenever he wants. If you know Brian, you know that he loves power tools....he must be related to the Simmons!

Here is the after picture of the backyard. I guess that one of the trees went down on the fence that divides us and the neighbor. She laughed and joked about it. Thank goodness for a good sense of humor and a cheap chain link fence. All that we are going to have to replace is the horizontal pole that supports the top of the fence. It seems as though they cleaned up the back yard much better than the front. Really though, we have a big dumpster being delivered today to put all the mess in I am sure that our neighbors will be relieved to see it show up. At this point, I'm sure they are wondering how we are going to be getting all of the mess out of here. I keep waiting for the city Code Enforcers to knock on our door and give me a citation for the mess in our yard.
Thank you to our awesome friends and neighbors who helped us with this project. We couldn't have done it without your help and know how! We truly appreciate you guys, We have a great neighborhood.
2 comments:
oops. sorry.
That looks like hard work. I can't imagine what it would be like to cut down trees. We're just jealous. We actually planted trees last weekend and we're eagerly awaiting the shade they will one day provide.
Post a Comment