27 April 2009

The Good, The Bad, and the REALLY Ugly!

Our weekend was full of The Good, The Bad, and the REALLY Ugly! It really was a fun and relaxing weekend. After soccer games on Saturday, we headed to Lehi for a couple of reasons.

The Good: One of my good friends from High school, Wade, has been in medical school, and just finished, so he and his wife and his 3 adorable kids are here for a few months before he starts his residency. So some my good friends from back home got together for a BBQ, and to catch up a little. It was a lot of fun to just do nothing but catch up while we watched the Jazz game and ate. I also got to see another good friend, Melissa, that I haven't seen for years. It is good to see everyone is happy and doing well.

The Bad: We were also going home to help my parents with some painting they just found out they had to do to close on the sale of their old house. But the weather was not so cooperative. It rained pretty heavy, and there was even a little snow. There was definitely no way we were painting outside.

The Ugly: Recently, my Dad was put into a Branch Presidency at the MTC. So they invited us to come with them to lunch and church there yesterday. The food was simple but good, but the highlight of lunch was the ice cream bar after we ate. We loaded up with ice cream, hot fudge, strawberry and caramel sauce, oreos, brownies, toffee chips...all the extras. As we started to eat, I looked over at Les and he was starting to cry. I asked what was wrong as he was telling Brian he wasn't feeling well. Just then, he lost it...all of it. Right on the tables, chairs, floor, and all over his Sunday clothes, and Brian. And almost on the Branch President that Dad serves with and his wife. Fortunately, at that point, my job was just to clear all of the trays from the table so it could be cleaned up. I didn't have to touch any of it. I don't do well with throw-up. Anyway, Brian and Les spent the next hour in the van while we went to the meeting.

All of my kids have a problem with anxiety. Les was so nervous about what was expected and what he might (or might not) have to do, that he made himself sick. Amber does the same thing with the excitement of Christmas every year. She always manages to barf on Christmas. Once they finally release it all, they feel better, and don't have any more problems. They can eat again and everything.

Fortunately, Les isn't sick. He ate dinner last night, dessert, and breakfast before school this morning. I was so worried that we could have passed a bug to all my friends and their kids that we were with Saturday night. But I don't think we did!

3 comments:

Debbi said...

I love this post, too bad none of us got pictures. Wade was so happy to see everyone again...if he would only facebook or blog on his own he could know more of what people are doing! That is so sad about Les! I'm glad he wasn't sick, and it was just nerves though, but soo gross!

deena said...

Sorry your weekend wasn't what you expected! It was fun getting together. Poor Les. I'm glad he's okay...and it didn't happen again. That is one of those things that is so much easier to deal with at home!!!

Natalie said...

Love the description. Isn't that the story of motherhood.