16 April 2009

Laundry

OK, I admit, housework is not my favorite thing to do. There always seems to be a lot more fun activity calling me, and if not, I find one. One of my least favorite things to do is laundry. As of right this minute, I have been doing laundry for 4 days straight. UGH! Let me see, what could there possibly be that takes 4 days to get it all done?

1-part of last week's laundry that I never finished
2-this week's laundry
3-extra clothes from the Easter hunting trip
4-swim suit, bike clothes, and running clothes from the triathlon that Brian did over the weekend to train for his big race in a few weeks, as well as his swimsuit and running clothes from every day before and after school
5-a pile-up of extra towels from our trip to the pool last week
6-and bedding that, unfortunately is long overdue for washing, and since Les's and Zak's bed together take 5 loads, it takes FOREVER (I do the bedding when I finish the laundry for the week....that hasn't happened since we returned from Arizona, maybe even longer...hhmmmm)

And then, as I finally get it all finished, everyone takes off their clothes for the day to put on pajamas, and it all starts again. No wonder I hate it. It never ends. At least with dishes, or vacuuming, it lasts until the kids get home from school.

But, looking on the bright side, now I'll be done until Friday, and then, maybe, I can stay caught up again! (Oh, I just realized...Friday is TOMORROW!)

5 comments:

Mel said...

I hear ya! If I ever hire a maid it will be for laundry, bathrooms, and mopping the kitchen floor.

Natalie said...

Laundry is the bane of my existance. If it makes you feel better, I have laundry from Saturday that still needs to be folded &/or put away.

Robin said...

See, that is where I have gone completely mad. I don't fold laundry. I hang all the clothes, match the socks, and the pajamas and underwear just get sorted into piles of who they belong to and put away. It saves hours, and it doesn't matter if those things are wrinkled, or if they get dropped on the way to the bedroom and unfold.

Debbi said...

this post makes me laugh, I had a visiting teacher tell me once that her mother in law was so happy when all her kids left the house because she was finally released from laundry heck(other word)...it was a funny story but I am soo starting to feel that way.

Has Deena contacted you, I think we were going to all get together for a BBQ this weekend. It will be nice so Wade can actually talk to people this time!

deena said...

Isn't it nice to know that you're not alone!! I like to think that if I upgraded to a front end washer/dryer that maybe it would make my life easier!! But that won't be any time soon.