10 December 2008

Dirty Dishes

OK, so I am the only parent on the face of the earth that makes their 9-year old help with dishes, I understand that, but I only do it because it is so entertaining. As I type this, Amber is in the kitchen whining, and slamming things around as much as she can get away with without me totally losing it. She asked the other day why she has to do the dishes when they are gross, and why I don't do them (now it was only breakfast and lunch dishes in the sink, and at our house that is never very much). So I questioned why I should have to do them when they are gross. Her response was hilarious...."because you're used to it"!!! I have been trying without success to get my kids to rinse off their dishes as they take them to the sink, and have had no success. I figure if she thinks it is so gross, eventually she will start doing it and encourage Les to do it too.

Please let me know that none of you encourage your kids to help around the house so that I can assure Amber that she is the only one who has to help out, and that I am the meanest mom alive. Thanks!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Don't feel bad, my kids have to help, and tell Amber it could be worse I make my boys pick up the dog doo in the back yard!! Now that is gross.