Well tonight we decided to make our annual pilgrimage to Temple Square to see the Christmas lights. We didn't even make it to the Antelope Drive exit in Layton before the fun began. We
were driving down the second lane of traffic (right at 5:00 rush hour) minding our own business, when the guy next to us decided to change lanes at 70 miles an hour. He hit us right on my door, and then immediately, he moved back over into the lane he had come from, and hit the car that he was trying to pass the same way. He was really driving very
wrecklessly if you ask me, he was already on the side of the other car before he even got all the way into our lane.
The accident dented and scratched both doors on the passenger side of Brian's
CRV, as well as the rear panel.

It smashed the door handle right into the door. Funny thing is, it didn't tear it off. It is still there, just inoperable now.

And this is the car of the other innocent driver. She just had a baby 5 days ago, so fortunately, the baby wasn't with her.

This is the car that hit us. Both of his side mirrors were torn off and scratches and dents all the way down both sides of his car.

The other side of his car.

Fortunately, no one was hurt. After a few minutes, I started realizing that I must have hit my elbow pretty hard, and bumped my head on the window, but nothing that was serious. Amber was pretty shaken up, and really worried about everyone, but after about 20 minutes, she settled down and realized everything and everyone was going to be OK.
Eventually, we did make it to Temple Square 1 1/2 hours after we had planned, but all in one piece.


I love the
luminaries, they are so pretty, and I love that they depict Christmas as it is observed all over the world.

Zak said that this was the Hershey's Kiss nativity, I loved it.

This is just the bubbly fountain with the lights in the background. Different.
And this is from the top of the Joseph Smith Building, there is some reflection from the window, but I kind of like the way that it looks.
We had a great time, and were very blessed to have made it to Salt Lake and back safely.
1 comment:
I'm glad everyone is ok, that is crazy. It sounds like everyone is very lucky.
Robin, you also got some great pictures!!
Post a Comment