Well, my computer is alive again, that was a pretty brutal virus. Our awesome neighbor spent a ton of time just trying to recover my pictures from the hard drive before he nuked it. Last time we talked to him, he said there was one more thing he could try, but he didn't expect much because nothing else that they usually use worked. I was devastated as you can imagine. I am so lazy, all of my pictures since 2005 were on my hard drive, and I haven't backed them up anywhere else. The last thing he tried worked, and he saved everything. Now my computer is back up and running, but it doesn't have any of my programs on it so it is totally useless. (this is not the fault of my awesome neighbor who saved everything for me.) Even the programs that run all of my files he saved are not on, so I can't use what I have. UUGGHHHHH.
Just a warning, watch out for a window that continuously pops up that looks like the Windows security warning window. It is a virus and is BAD news. It looks really good, but it is the first sign that you have the virus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank goodness for amazing neighbors! I am glad that you were able to get your pictures back, that would have been a real bummer, and now because of your experience...I am backing up my pictures on my thumb drive.
I'm glad you got all your pictures back. I think I'll work on getting my done right now too!
Post a Comment