I am such a dork. I have spent the long weekend completely gutting, deep cleaning, and putting my kids bedrooms back together, and I didn't take any before or after pictures. I can't believe how much junk we have. After cleaning the boys room, I sent 4 garbage bags of stuff to D.I., 2 bags of trash, and I also have one bag of stuff to send to Marsha for her boys (not too much, she is sick of our junk too). By the time that I got the boys room put back together, I still had my living room full of stuff, and a big pile in my bedroom. It is no wonder they couldn't keep their room clean. Since then, I have actually given them permission to "make a big mess" with their blocks, because it would be easy to clean up. I also got out the Lite-Brite and let Les take it in his room. Something I would have never done before - in fact, they haven't been allowed to play with it for the last year, because there was no where clean enough to get out all of those little pegs. An now for my favorite part.....They cleaned it all up when they were done! I didn't even have to ask or remind them to!!! We'll have to get out the trains next!
Yesterday, we did the same thing to Amber's room. We got 2 D.I. bags, 3 trash bags, and 1 bag of clothes to pass down to Heather. What a relief it is to have a little corner of my life back in order. We are getting a new mattress today, and so I plan to do the same to my bedroom. If all goes as planned, I can get all of my spring cleaning done before spring comes, and then I can be outside in the sunshine once it is warm enough!
Now for the next item of business....I have got to convince my kids that it is OK to make their beds...it bugs me so bad that their rooms don't look clean, because their beds are a heaping mess. Oh well, I guess baby steps to achieve greatness!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good luck on the bed making. Let me know if it ever happens to you.
Good Job! My kids rooms are still a mess from Christmas. I need to deep clean their rooms while they are in school, and can't see what I decide to throw away :) Thanks for the motivation!
Wow! Good job, Robin. Everytime I try to clean out toys or clothes, I remember who it came from and why and I can't seem to part with it! How do you do it? I would love to unload some junk! I just can't decide what is junk and what I might wish I had later!!!
Believe me, it was all junk! I'm also past the baby stage which makes it easier to get rid of some of that stuff.
Post a Comment