First of all, I apologize to anyone who doesn't know my parents and family. I, like a lot of people, use this blog also as a journal, and that is the reason for this entry.
Tuesday Morning I was awakened at 6:30 by my phone ringing. It was my mom saying that Dad was in the hospital for an angiogram. Apparently, Monday night, he was having some heart pain, and so he went to the Doctor. The doctor did some tests, and then told Dad that he needed to see a specialist, and that the appointment was at 5:00 Tuesday morning. Mom and Dad thought that was an odd time for an appointment, but went anyway. When they arrived at the hospital, the Dr. started explaining some things to them and so my parents asked what kind of tests Dad was there for. Apparently, Dad's doctor didn't tell him he was having an angiogram, so they didn't go prepared for Dad to stay overnight at the hospital, and they didn't really make arrangements to be off work for the day (or for the entire week for that matter).
When they got into his heart, they found a very major blockage, and ended up putting a stint in his artery. It was really a good thing the doctor acted when he did and how he did, because dad could have had a severe heart attack any minute. But it would have been nice if he had given them all of the information.
Anyway, Dad is doing really well, and not in a lot of pain as of the last time I talked to them. What a blessing to know that our Heavenly Father watches out for us.
Mom and Dad are still not completely moved to their new house, and all of the fix-up work on the old house isn't completed, but all of that will be done in time, and hopefully, no scares from heart attacks now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a blessing! I'm glad your Dad is okay.
I LOVE your blog! I saw you wrote on Chaparro's wall and snagged it...:0) that was after I posted mine on your wall---can I keep this blog address on mine? I'm glad your dad is doing okay! That always worries me about my own parents...our eating habits are terrible!
I'm glad your dad is doing okay. Thank goodness for modern medicine.
Glad to hear that your dad is going to be ok. That is scary. Take care.
Post a Comment