20 May 2009

New Windows!

Yesterday I got new windows. I am so excited. I have been waiting 8 years for this moment.
Our house is 32 years old, and had the original aluminum windows.
They were not very tight, and in the basement,
they were just single pane.
We could hear all the noise from outside, and the basement was
too cold to be in in the winter.
This will make such a difference.
~Before~

~During~


~After!!!!!~
We have been planning for a while to do the windows this year,
but it is just an added bonus that there is so many rebates available right now.
We were able to do an upgrade because of the rebates.

We also did rain gutters last week after 2 winters without them (since we did the new roof).

Next, we are painting, putting in new moldings, and I am finally getting new carpet. I am already so excited at the difference that the windows have made, that I am anxious to do the rest. But that will have to wait a month to get started. I'll keep the blog posted with progress as it comes!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I am so excited for you. I know how long you have dreamed of this day! YEAH!

Brenda said...

Oh, this looks so nice! You guys have worked hard to improve the house. And yes, you'll love it when you get new carpet!

Mel said...

How exciting. It sounds like you'll have a whole new house when your done. Yippe!

The Wilson Crew said...

What a difference the windows make. WOW! You have a new house. That is so exciting.

Unknown said...

The house looks great!

Julia Callahan said...

The windows look amazing! I would love new windows too...but it won't be for awhile. Have a great summer.