When Brian registers for this race, he has to choose between two race options, Olympic distance, or Sprint distance. This year Brian chose to race the sprint distance. It contains a 1/2 mile swim, 12.5 mile bike, and a 5k (3.1miles--the Olympic distance is double these distances). Since the swim was canceled, they did a 5k, 12.5 mile bike, and another 5k.
Finishing the 1st run.
T2 also went very smooth and he was off for another 5k.
His second 5k was only a minute longer than his first one. Not too bad considering that he only trained for one of them. I had video of him coming in to the finish line, but it is turned sideways, and I don't know how to fix that (Always a lesson to be learned when you get a new camera and don't play with it first!)
8th out of 43 in the Male age 35-39 category
Run 1 24:25
T1 2:00
Bike 40:08
T2 1:17
Run 2 25:41
Final time 1:33:30
After the race, we drove up around Sand Hollow to see the bike course that I have never seen. Because of the wind, the sand was drifted over the road, so we stopped a minute to let the kids play in real sand. It was pretty cool, I wish we had more time to play. This is always a quick trip for us.
On the way home, we stopped in Cedar City to visit with my grandparents. My brother and his kids were there on their way to Disneyland. I also got a chance to visit with an aunt and cousin I haven't seen in years.
Overall the weekend was a lot of fun. Quick, but fun. I am always grateful when Brian races well. He hasn't for several years because it is hard to train on that level with kids and work, and on a budget. He has sacrificed his racing for us, but it is getting a little easier. I am always happy to see my grandparents are well. There have been a few scary times with their health recently. I am so grateful they still live at home and are able to take care of themselves and each other. I am fearful of the time when they can't do that any more. I am grateful for a cousin who lives close to them and checks in on them very regularly when the rest of us can't. I wish that I had pulled out the camera while we were at their house and got a picture of everyone there. Hopefully, we will get that opportunity again.
5 comments:
Yay Brian! That is awesome that he did so well. I am very impressed.
Congratulations Brian! That is awesome!
Good for Brian. I can't even imagine doing a triathalon. It's always good to stop and see Grandpa and Grandma. It really is good that their health is holding out as well as it is.
Way to go, Brian! That's awesome. Sorry about the swim. That would be hard to have to deal with a change like that! Bummer. But, nice job. Looks like you had a great weekend!
Wow! I didn't know he was a triathlete! Congratulations! So amazing!
Post a Comment