18 July 2009

Fun Week

This week at our house has been chaotic but fun. Brian started out on Monday morning to go with the young men on their high adventure outing for the summer. After the last few years, they decided to stay a little closer to home this year. They biked out to Antelope Island, all around the Island and then rode home Wednesday. When he finally got home, his total milage was 96 miles.

On Tuesday, I took Amber to Greg's house to help Marsha with the boys while she helped at the BYU track camp. And Les went to spend a couple of days at Scott's house with Bryce. So we brought Seth home with us to have an over nighter with Zak. On Thursday, we returned Seth home to have a happy birthday, and Les and Amber were returned by Marsha on Friday, along with Heather to spend the weekend at our house.

Friday night was our ward campout, so we then headed out for a night of camping. I love camping when I don't have to worry about cooking. It is so much more fun and relaxing and a lot less stressful.

On Monday, we will again return Heather to her home, and Les is leaving for a week on the ranch with Marsha and the boys. He will be in heaven. I hope he will muster all of his courage and ride the horses. I think he will love it if he will let himself try.

And then it is back to work for us. We have got to get moving on the upstairs of our house if it is ever going to get done. We have been dragging our feet. The downstairs was easy because it didn't displace us. I thought that after I was so pleased with how the downstairs turned out, that I would have more motivation. But the heat has wiped away all of the motivation I have. But next week, with one less kid, and no other interuptions, hopefully we will make good progress. Cross your fingers.

No comments: