26 July 2009

Pioneer Days Parade

On Friday, our family was asked to pull a handcart that went with the float that our Stake has made for the Ogden Pioneer Days parade.
The float depicted the scene near Devils Gate when some young men from the rescue party carried the saints from the Martin Handcart Company across the cold Sweetwater River. I wish that I had a picture when all of the people were on it. They had a young man in the river carrying a child across. (If you don't know this story from LDS pioneer history, click here.)
One of the big brothers of another handcart convinced his little brother to "hold on tight" to the wheel while he pulled the handcart.
It was such a good experience for the kids. Amber has been learning about one of her Great Grandfathers, Francis Webster recently, and so she appreciated the experience a lot more.

1 comment:

Debbi said...

how fun, I'm jealous, I think you loook great as a pioneer family, have you considered dressing like that for good!haha!