04 July 2009

4th of July 5k

This morning Brian, Amber and Les ran the Riverdale 5k, and I walked it with Zak, Dave, Davey, and Emily (the cousins from Arizona). What a beautiful day for a race!
Brian finished in 21:31, taking 6th place in his age bracket, Amber finished in 26:21, finishing first in her age bracket, and Les finished in the 33 minute range, and finished 2nd in his age group.
They amaze me. Try as I might, and can't consistently run a 5k, I always end up sick or missing workouts (for wonderful vacations), and I lose it all and have to start over.

Les had a hard race. Yesterday at the family reunion, he got his foot hurt playing basketball barefoot, with the big kids. Brian said that when he finished the race, he had been crying and couldn't hardly walk. I guess we should get that looked at...hhmm. But he ran most of it, and still did really well.

Amber took 5 minutes off of her time from the 5k she did in April. That race was a lot tougher course than today's, but she is aggressive, and understands that the only competition is to do better than she did last time. She obviously is doing well.

Good Job Guys!

1 comment:

Mel said...

That is awesome that your kids are running in races like that. Good for them. And congrats on doing so well.