Then as we got to a meadow near the summit of the canyon, we spotted a moose eating. Because of the high water levels everywhere, the meadow was flooded.
15 June 2010
Hike 3 - Cascade Springs
After running our errands on Monday, we drove up American Fork canyon to Cascade Springs. It was an eventful drive. That is the day that so many of the rivers in the Salt Lake area flooded. The river in the canyon was roaring. I have never seen it so high or fast. At one point, we had to cross what was usually a small trickle of water crossing the road. Instead it was several inches deep (maybe 6-10 inches) and moving fast. I was a little nervous to drive through it.
This is the same place. If you look closely, you can still see the moose, but it was such a beautiful area, that I had to take a photo to remember it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment