28 September 2010

All In a Day's(or two) Work or What The Heck Was I thinking?

So I have spent the last 2 days of my life canning peaches. Last week I did a bushel of pears, and since the peaches I like weren't ready yet, I decided to get another bushel over the weekend. I got a call Monday morning that they were picking peaches and that I needed to come get them immediately. I bought 3 bushel. They were ready to can that day. So I spent Monday night doing 49 quarts, and all day Tuesday doing that many more. But look what I accomplished in 24 hours!
I have 90 quarts of peaches all ready to go on the shelf so that we can enjoy them all year!
And now, I have to get those pears done immediately.
These are the ones that I did last week! 21 quarts, and 21+ more to go!

3 comments:

Jillary said...

Wow! I'm not that ambitious. I'll just have to be satisfied with the half bushel I did this year.

Barbie Mills said...

You are amazing. We have been very impressed with all your work that we've seen, but I had no idea it was that much!

I've never liked the taste of pears that I've canned, so I gave up on that a few years ago. How do yours turn out?

Mel said...

Look like my counter! Very hard work, but I love looking at them sitting there on the counter. it's so rewarding. But this year I didn't do quite as much as you.