18 June 2009

Day 3

Boarding the Ship
View of Miami from the Ship
First family picture on the cruise...waiting to set sail.
(notice the blue skies!)

As we were on ship getting ready for our lifeboat drill, a storm started moving in. We didn't think much of it.

For the lifeboat drill, we were the only group with our muster station on deck.

I couldn't believe the storm. It went on for about an hour, with lightning all around us and very loud thunder (the lightning was very close). It rained, and rained. There was a full waterfall coming off of the deck above us. I wish I knew how much rain that we got in that hour. If I had to guess, I would say between 8-12 inches. It was unlike any storm I have seen before. Nothing like what we get here in Utah.

The palm trees were blowing in the wind.

I wish that I had my good camera with me, but it was too much to carry most of the time. There were some great photo-ops during the storm.
We set sail a little bit late, because visibility was low, But it was a fun storm to be in and get a little wet. What an experience

Dinner
Dinners on the ship were so yummy. After I ate my dinner the first night, I wished that I had taken pictures before we ate. But I did get pictures of the best part.....Dessert!

Chocolate Melting Cake Strawberry Cheesecake I had no idea how much food was available on board, so the first night, I couldn't choose which dessert to get, so I got 2! Boy was that a mistake. They were so good, but I was already stuffed. After dinner this night, I knew that I had to use some self control in the future.

Karaoke
The first night, everyone wanted to go do karaoke. Since I don't sing, I wasn't really interested, but Amber wanted to do a Taylor Swift song, so I went. I am always reminded what amazing voices there are in Brian's family.



Kate sounded amazing. She did a song that I didn't recognize, but she started the night off right.

Shelli also brought down the house with her performance. That picture ended up too dark, but what I really needed was a video of all of the songs. I missed part of Sarah, Wendi, and Steph's song, but again, they were all blessed with an amazing talent to sing, and I was so impressed.
I love that Davey loves to sing.
I love that my boys see that it is OK for boys to sing, and enjoy it.

And at one point, Sydney started off with Celebration, and all of the cousins joined in.
Even Grammy and Gramps got in on the action. I was also surprised that Les went up on stage. He is usually too shy to do anything like that.


They didn't have any songs that Amber knew well enough to do in front of an audience. She was really dissappointed. I was too. I would have loved to see her give it a try. Maybe next time.

No comments: